Vintage Book Chronicles of Old Salem a History in Miniature by Frances Diane Robotti C1948
Reference id: fWYQHwdyAb4 173
Vintage book "Chronicles of Old Salem a History in Miniature" by Frances Diane Robotti, copyright 1948.
Measures 8.25 inches tall, 5.5 inches wide. 129 pages.
Illustrations from the collections of the Essex Institute.
Condition: With dust jacket (some tears along top and bottom), some discoloration along top edge of book cover, nice clean pages.
Forward by Russell Leigh Jackson:
Here in the most selective form is covered the colonial expansion of England during which Massachusetts was founded. The growth of Salem is traced from 1626 to 1932 against the state and national scene. The author traces the history of witchcraft from 1484, when a papal decree made it a crime, to Salems participation in the mass madness. The book covers the Quaker whippings, the military disaster of King Philips war for Indian or white survival, the privateering years in which Salem became so great a sea power that Salem meant America in exotic ports of the world.
Comprehensive in scope, the book is authenticated by leading scholars in America and England, contains bibliography, index, addenda, and is illustrated with twenty-eight selections from the Essex Institute Collections.
- I can do my best. Some books are so rare that they cannot be found.
Please contact me to discuss a finder\'s fee.
- Yes, however please contact me prior to ordering because international shipping can be spendy for books. I want to make sure that you agree to the price and delivery date estimate before making a purchase.
- I ship books via USPS media mail, unless requested and paid for otherwise.
- I usually package an order up right away, and it is shipped out the next business day. If it is a large book, I may need an extra day to find proper packaging.
- I only accept online payments.
- Yes, please contact me prior to ordering so I can get you a quote.