Illustrated Book Animal Life and Lore by Osmond P Breland 1963
Reference id: u3KAMQRibqY 2
Book by Osmond P. Breland, 1963, titled Animal Life and Lore.
Hardcover in good condition, with some tearing of the dust jacket and indentations along the top edges.
Will be shipped via USPS Media Mail.
Drawing upon his earlier popular books, Animal Facts and Fallacies and Animal Friends and Foes and on recent research and experimentation, Osmond Breland here explores the latest information on the fascinating and often improbably ways of animals.
A close observer of animal behavior, Dr. Breland examines mans common beliefs and misbeliefs about the animal kingdom, and in answering questions most frequently asked by the general reader, he replaces fancy with scientific fact. If, for example, you wonder how the horned toad squirts blood from its eyes, how moles see, opossums made, or about the flying and running speeds of animals, ou will find the information here, in informal question and answer style.
While surveying the habits of mammals, , birds, reptiles, amphibians, and fishes, the book provides basic material on animal migration and navigation, evolution, courtship and breeding, and explains, also, the importance to man of insects, seashore life, even the one-celled protozoans.
Divided into sections on vertebrates and invertebrates, organized by class and family, Animal Life and Lore is arranged both for quick reference and casual reading. The text is sprinkled with humorous anecdotes and analogies that impart precise information in so lively and entertaining a manner that the facts are easily learned and long remembered. It is that rare sort of book that will delight readers of all ages.
- I can do my best. Some books are so rare that they cannot be found.
Please contact me to discuss a finder\'s fee.
- Yes, however please contact me prior to ordering because international shipping can be spendy for books. I want to make sure that you agree to the price and delivery date estimate before making a purchase.
- I ship books via USPS media mail, unless requested and paid for otherwise.
- I usually package an order up right away, and it is shipped out the next business day. If it is a large book, I may need an extra day to find proper packaging.
- I only accept online payments.
- Yes, please contact me prior to ordering so I can get you a quote.