The Iron Mistress Vintage Book by Paul Wellman Doublday and Company C1951
Reference id: RQb9q1rQlzI 866
Vintage book "The Iron Mistress" by Paul I. Wellman, Doublday & Company, copyright 1951.
"Frontiersman, fortune hunter, soldier, duelist - lord among men and servant of women - this was James Bowie, a fabulous and nearly forgotten hero of the American frontier.
Three very different and fascinating women helped mold Bowies strange and conflicting personality. There was Judalon de Bornay, the proud, self-willed New Orleans beauty; Catherine Villars, the sensuous quadroon mistress of of pirate Jean Lafitte; and Ursula de Veramendi, the lovely and tragic daughter of the vice-governor of Mexican Texas.
A legend in his own time, Bowies career sprawled violently across the lawless Southwest. He fought incredible duels. He dealt in slave trading, gambled recklessly, and became involved in gigantic land speculations. He led the Texas irregulars in a spectacular Indian battle. And Bowie was one of the doomed defenders of the Alamo, a martyr in the selfless cause of patriotism." - Goodreads
- I can do my best. Some books are so rare that they cannot be found.
Please contact me to discuss a finder\'s fee.
- Yes, however please contact me prior to ordering because international shipping can be spendy for books. I want to make sure that you agree to the price and delivery date estimate before making a purchase.
- I ship books via USPS media mail, unless requested and paid for otherwise.
- I usually package an order up right away, and it is shipped out the next business day. If it is a large book, I may need an extra day to find proper packaging.
- I only accept online payments.
- Yes, please contact me prior to ordering so I can get you a quote.