Fish Heads and Fire Ants Childrens Book by George Cook C1973
Reference id: WfUwQ1wqAUE 658
Childrens Book "Fish Heads and Fire Ants" by George S. Cook, illustrated by H. B. Vestal, copyright 1973.
Ex library with mylar cover, some stamps, smudges, smears.
Paired together on a three-day survival camping trip, Harvey and Rocky are about as different from each other as possible. Harvey is slight, tidy, a worrier. Though younger, Rocky is bigger, messy, and carefree. They get off to a predictably bad start when Harvey tries to get Rocky to pick up his dirty clothes. "Im camping with my mother!" Rocky explodes. "Im camping with my mother!"
But gradually, the task of camping in the woods on their own begins to absorb them. Before they are fully aware of what has happened, each is helping the other when conditions demand cooperation, and in the process, each boy discovers qualities about the other that he can accept and admire.
Richly illustrated with details of camping and woodlore, this is a down-to-earth, funny book about two boys who learned that getting along with one another was not so great a problem as coping with the adversities of nature.
- I can do my best. Some books are so rare that they cannot be found.
Please contact me to discuss a finder\'s fee.
- Yes, however please contact me prior to ordering because international shipping can be spendy for books. I want to make sure that you agree to the price and delivery date estimate before making a purchase.
- I ship books via USPS media mail, unless requested and paid for otherwise.
- I usually package an order up right away, and it is shipped out the next business day. If it is a large book, I may need an extra day to find proper packaging.
- I only accept online payments.
- Yes, please contact me prior to ordering so I can get you a quote.