Come Fill the Cup Vintage Book by Harlin Ware Random House C1952
Reference id: YyHJomI20Ms 855
Vintage book "Come Fill the Cup" by Harlin Ware, Random House, copyright 1952.
"The hard, high pitch of a Chicago newspaper as a backdrop for the laconic confessional of Lew Marsh, city editor, who had learned- the hard way- that the only drink you dont take is the first one. Known for his helping hand to drunks, Lew is hired- by his publisher- to wet (or rather dry) nurse Boyd Copeland, married to Paula whom Lew had once loved and with whom he falls in love all over again. Boyd, a mother-smothered musician with more than one unfinished symphony and a momentary attachment to a gangsters girl, sobers up after another man is killed (by the gangster) in his stead, wins his fight against the bottle and wins back Paula, while Lew, losing his girl, turns in his big beat to the paper as he cleans up the citys case against a murderer-racketeer.... A drama of whiskey-soured experience and regeneration, handled with assurance rather than distinction." - Kirkus
- I can do my best. Some books are so rare that they cannot be found.
Please contact me to discuss a finder\'s fee.
- Yes, however please contact me prior to ordering because international shipping can be spendy for books. I want to make sure that you agree to the price and delivery date estimate before making a purchase.
- I ship books via USPS media mail, unless requested and paid for otherwise.
- I usually package an order up right away, and it is shipped out the next business day. If it is a large book, I may need an extra day to find proper packaging.
- I only accept online payments.
- Yes, please contact me prior to ordering so I can get you a quote.