Brain the Complete Mind Book by Michael S Sweeney C 2009
Reference id: acR4IX8biso 241
Book "Brain The Complete Mind" by Michael S. Sweeney, copyright 2009.
Measures 11 inches tall, 9.5 inches wide. 342 pages.
Like new with super clean pages. Dust jacket was not positioned properly when stored so it is off a bit.
The brain is the bodys central controller the coordinator of virtually all its functions. Over the past 2,500 hears, some of the greatest minds in history, from Leonardo da Vinci to Descartes, have tried to unravel its inner workings, but the brains amazing capabilities are only just beginning to reveal themselves. How much have we truly learned about the most amazing organ of all?
In nine thoroughly researched chapters, Brain demonstrates the complex operations that it takes to make us fully human, from how the nervous system develops in the womb, to how emotions register in the brain, to the inevitable changes that occur with time and age. Lively, accessible text and hundreds of full-color photographs and illustrations appear alongside a wealth of special features - from fact boxes that explain how optical illusions work and show how many neurons you have, to side bars that document key breakthroughs such as how a dream led to the discovery of neurotransmitters, to practical tips and strategies, like how playing video games and practicing meditation can help keep your brain sharp, focused, and vibrant throughout your entire life.
With an improved understanding of how your brain develops, how it executes millions of actions every day, and what you can do to keep it sharp, you can unlock the secrets of the human mind in Brain, the ultimate reference for the seat of consciousness.
- I can do my best. Some books are so rare that they cannot be found.
Please contact me to discuss a finder\'s fee.
- Yes, however please contact me prior to ordering because international shipping can be spendy for books. I want to make sure that you agree to the price and delivery date estimate before making a purchase.
- I ship books via USPS media mail, unless requested and paid for otherwise.
- I usually package an order up right away, and it is shipped out the next business day. If it is a large book, I may need an extra day to find proper packaging.
- I only accept online payments.
- Yes, please contact me prior to ordering so I can get you a quote.