Antique Illustrated Book the Wind Band and Its Instruments by Arthur a Clappe C1911
Reference id: YaTd75wxeX4 108
Antique book "The Wind Band and Its Instruments" their history, construction, acoustics, technique and combination for bandmasters, bandsmen, students and the general reader, by Arthur A Clappe copyright 1911.
With numerous illustrations.
Measures 7.5 inches tall, 5.25 inches wide. 208 pages.
Condition: The cover is gilded and appears to have some water damage as it is curved, pencil writing on interior cover, title page is loose and has some pencil writing, some spotting/staining, corner bumps, nice clean pages.
Wind and String Instruments in General
Classification of Band Instruments
On Acoustics of Wind Instruments
Discrepancies of Tune in Piston Instruments
On Formation of Wind-Bands
Single-Reed Instruments: the Clarionet, the Saxophone
Double-Reed Instruments: The Oboe, Cor Anglais, Bassoon, Sarrusophone
Open Pipes with Side-Blown Mouth Hole: Flutes
Brass Instruments With Cupped Mouthpiece: The French Horn, Trumpet, Trombone, Cornet and Saxhorns
Instruments of Percussion: Kettledrums, Side Drum, Bass Drum, Cymbals, Glockenspiel, Bells, Xylophone, Triangle, Traps
Some Fallacies as to Wind Instruments
Tone Color and Tone Building in the Wind-Band
Musical Dynamics in the Wind-Band
Technique in the Wind-Band
Ensemble in the Wind-Band
Antoine Joseph Sax, the Father of Modern Wind-Instrument Construction
- I can do my best. Some books are so rare that they cannot be found.
Please contact me to discuss a finder\'s fee.
- Yes, however please contact me prior to ordering because international shipping can be spendy for books. I want to make sure that you agree to the price and delivery date estimate before making a purchase.
- I ship books via USPS media mail, unless requested and paid for otherwise.
- I usually package an order up right away, and it is shipped out the next business day. If it is a large book, I may need an extra day to find proper packaging.
- I only accept online payments.
- Yes, please contact me prior to ordering so I can get you a quote.