Antique Illustrated Book One Hundred Years Progress of the United States Published by L Stebbins C1871
Reference id: UEkR6W3DXtM 141
Antique book "One Hundred Years Progress of the United States" copyright 1871.
Giving, in a historical form, the vast improvements made in agriculture; cultivation of cotton and sugar; commerce; travel and transportation; steam engine; manufacture of cotton, woolen, silk, paper, fire-arms, cutlery, hats, carriages and coaches, plated ware, leather, boots and shoes, clocks and watches, pins, refined sugar, glass, and India rubber; fishing business; fur and fur trade; humanitarian institutions, etc; with a large amount of statistical information, showing the comparative progress of the different states with each other, and this country with other nations.
With an appendix entitled marvels that our grandchildren will see; or, one hundred years progress in the future.
Being an estimate of the vast increase of population, wealth, grow of cities, and development of all branches of industry, deduced from facts and figures of the past one hundred years, with remarks on the prospective influence of individual and corporative monopolies; conflict between capital and labor; increase of protective unions; acquisition of territory; exhaustion of public lands; great advance in real estate, &c; with reflections of the social, political, and religious changes which will ensue from the transference of the governing power from the anglo-saxon race to the teutonic, celtic, and scandinavian races of europe, and mongolian, malay, and african races; with examples from ancient and modern history of the effect of such changes of population on the institutions of the old world.
By Eminent Literary Men, who have made the subjects on which they have written their special study.
Embellished with two hundred and eighty engravings, executed by the first artists in the country, illustrating the progress of the various interests treated of.
Furnished by agents only.
Published by L. Stebbins.
Henry Howe, Cincinnati, o.
Measures 9.75 inches tall, 7 inches wide. 546 pages.
Condition: beautiful leather cover (though worn), some spotting, pages are nice and clean.
- I can do my best. Some books are so rare that they cannot be found.
Please contact me to discuss a finder\'s fee.
- Yes, however please contact me prior to ordering because international shipping can be spendy for books. I want to make sure that you agree to the price and delivery date estimate before making a purchase.
- I ship books via USPS media mail, unless requested and paid for otherwise.
- I usually package an order up right away, and it is shipped out the next business day. If it is a large book, I may need an extra day to find proper packaging.
- I only accept online payments.
- Yes, please contact me prior to ordering so I can get you a quote.