Young Red Flicker Book by Anne Roller Issler C1968
Reference id: GKaq0TaEg8c 661
Book "Young Red Flicker" by Anne Roller Issler, copyright 1968.
Ex library with protective cover, stamps, markings, pages appear to be nice and clean.
Text below is directly from the dust jacket description:
The conflict between the demands of the white mans world today, and the powerful pull of his traditional culture gets teenage Red Flicker into trouble with the authorities, his family, and some of his contemporaries. Pride and anger war within him against reality and love as he tries to make decisions.
There is his strong desire to protect his beautiful young sister from the dangers he believes threaten her, and his strong attachments to his heretofore ineffectual father and to his grandmother, guardian of the old ways. To complicate things further, he meets a lovely young girl of another tribe who is learning to be a nurse. Under so much pressure, Red Flicker is apt to act first and think later.
Here is an interesting novel that sheds light on what it is to live on an Indian reservation in California today, and deal with the problems confronting young Indians who must find their place in the white mans world. Since many of these young people live on the reservation but go to school outside, they are often called on to straddle two societies. Like Red Flicker they have compelling reasons to learn about and preserve their own traditions, but in order to make a living and enjoy the benefits of the outside world, they must sometimes make painful adjustments.
Red Flickers story is a realistic novel of how a young rebel tried to handle the matter of pride in being Indian, and awareness that he must live in the white mans world.
- I can do my best. Some books are so rare that they cannot be found.
Please contact me to discuss a finder\'s fee.
- Yes, however please contact me prior to ordering because international shipping can be spendy for books. I want to make sure that you agree to the price and delivery date estimate before making a purchase.
- I ship books via USPS media mail, unless requested and paid for otherwise.
- I usually package an order up right away, and it is shipped out the next business day. If it is a large book, I may need an extra day to find proper packaging.
- I only accept online payments.
- Yes, please contact me prior to ordering so I can get you a quote.