The Us Navy Seals from Vietnam to Finding Bin Laden Book by David Jordan C2011
Reference id: 8k81PcmivEo 239
Book "The US Navy Seals From Vietnam to Finding Bin Laden" by David Jordan, copyright 2011.
Dust jacket was not set perfectly when stored, but still in good condition. Otherwise, the book is like new with a minor bump on the upper rear side cover of spine.
The United States Navy SEAL teams were only founded as recently as 1962, on the orders of President John F. Kennedy, but they already have a reputation of one of the best special forces unit in the world. The U.S. Navy SEALs: From Vietnam to finding Bin Laden tells the story behind this famous unit.
The book begins with the SEALs origins in World War II, when the Navys Underwater Demolition Teams (UDTs) prepared beaches in Normandy and the Pacific for U.S. amphibious landings. The UDTs also served in the Korean War, but afterwards were neglected. A new conflict in Vietnam demanded a new type of unit, and the SEALs were born out the UDTs as a maritime special operations unit capable of a multitude of missions. The SEALs served with distinction in Southeast Asia, targeting the Vietcong infrastructure and earning a fearsome reputation.
Since the American withdrawal from Vietnam, the SEALs have seen action in Grenada, Panama, the Persian Gulf, Kuwait, Somalia, Bosnia and now Afghanistan and Iraq. The book describes the full combat record of the SEAL teams and details their organization, equipment, uniforms and insignia, as well as their famous operation to find Bin Laden.
Illustrated with black and white and color photographs and artworks, and with an authoritative text, The U.S. Navy SEALs: From Vietnam to Finding Bin Laden is a definitive history of one of Americas elite fighting units.
- I can do my best. Some books are so rare that they cannot be found.
Please contact me to discuss a finder\'s fee.
- Yes, however please contact me prior to ordering because international shipping can be spendy for books. I want to make sure that you agree to the price and delivery date estimate before making a purchase.
- I ship books via USPS media mail, unless requested and paid for otherwise.
- I usually package an order up right away, and it is shipped out the next business day. If it is a large book, I may need an extra day to find proper packaging.
- I only accept online payments.
- Yes, please contact me prior to ordering so I can get you a quote.