Sara Dane a Novel by Catherine Gaskin Vintage Book C1954
Reference id: ZJbgjk493Rs 715
Vintage book "Sara Dane" A Novel By Catherine Gaskin, J. B. Lippincott Company, copyright 1954.
With dust jacket. The dust jacjet has wear and some tears, blue cover with minor bumping, gorgeous map end papers, very clean pages.
A romantic, adventurous novel of pioneer Australia.
here is an unforgettable woman. A woman as strong and as beautiful as the raw new country she helps to carve from the wilderness. A woman of fierce pride, yet gently devoted to her children, and possessed with an undying vision about the future of her land, Sara Dane epitomizes the heart of her untamed country - Australia.
Set in the colorful days of the late Eighteenth and early Nineteenth Centuries, Sara Dane unfolds the history of New South Wales, from its beginnings as a penal colony to the day when it could lift its head in contentment and peace.
From the day in 1792 when young Sara, savagely sentenced in England to transportation on a trumped-up charge, came ashore at Botany Bay, until the day she returns triumphantly wealthy and prominent to her native London, her story rings with the fire of a great passion.
Saras story is also the story of the men who loved her - Richard Barwell, her childhood love whose possessiveness followed her thousands of miles; Andres Maclay, whose strength and cunning combined with hers to produce an empire; Jeremy Hogan, the Irish rebel, whose presence meant security as Sara faced the crisis of convict outbreaks, giant floods, and armed rebellion with resolution. And then there was Louis de Bourget, the mysterious French emigre, whose love for beauty and order brought a peace to Saras life she had thought impossible.
But throughout her life, Sara held to her own personality tenaciously. All of Sydney knew her as a shrewd businesswoman, magnificent, unconventional - but above all, a woman.
- I can do my best. Some books are so rare that they cannot be found.
Please contact me to discuss a finder\'s fee.
- Yes, however please contact me prior to ordering because international shipping can be spendy for books. I want to make sure that you agree to the price and delivery date estimate before making a purchase.
- I ship books via USPS media mail, unless requested and paid for otherwise.
- I usually package an order up right away, and it is shipped out the next business day. If it is a large book, I may need an extra day to find proper packaging.
- I only accept online payments.
- Yes, please contact me prior to ordering so I can get you a quote.