Morris Story of the Great Earthquake of 1908 and Other Historic Disasters by Charles Morris C1909
Reference id: BBRhpGf5FOc 353
Antique book "Morris Story of the Great Earthquake of 1908 and Other Historic Disasters" by Charles Morris copyright 1909.
Nearly 100 illustrations made especially for this work, showing the havoc caused by fire, earthquake and volcanic convulsions.
Measures 9.25 inches tall, 7 inches wide. 448 pages.
In good condition with vintage wear, beautiful cover and spine, green end papers, the front end paper has a rip, some spotting, may have pencil markings, some corner folds, otherwise nice clean pages.
The boot of Italy and beautiful Sicily. The garden spot of the Mediterranean
Greek Mythology and the volcanoes of Sicily. Etna and Stromboli, Vulcans fiery workshops
The historic cities of Sicily. Their settlement by the ancient Greeks and Carthaginians, and their later annals
The story of Messina and Reggio, the doomed cities of the straits
The frightful earthquake of 1908 and its surpassing horrors
the gigantic tidal wave and its sweeping destruction
The harvest of the fire demon and robbers of the victims
The panic flight of a homeless host
a wonderful record of thrilling escapes
Italys king and queen hasten to the scen of desolation
The buried thousands and the noble band rescuers
World wide sympathy and the universal brotherhood of man
the red cross society, the lighthouse of international charity, sends its beneficent aid
the summing up after the great catastrophe
The history and causes of earthquakes, volcanoes and other seismic phenomena
Famous earthquakes of ancient and medieval times
The great lisbon and calabrian earthquakes
earthquakes in the new world prior to 1900
the san francisco calamity and other earthquakes of the twentieth century
the volcano and the earthquake, earths demons of destruction
theories of volcanic and earthquake action
the active colvanoes of the earth
the famous vesuvius and the destruction of pompeii and herculaneum
eruptions of vesuvius, etna and stromboli
vesuvius devastates the region of naples
skapter jokull and hecla, the great icelandic volcanoes
volcanoes of the philippines and other pacific islands
the wonderful hawaiian craters and kilaueas lake of fire
popocatepetl and other volcanoes of mexico and central america
the terrible eruption of krakatoa
st vincent island and mont soufriere in 1812
mont pelee and its harvest of death in 1902
submarine volcanoes and their work of island building
mud volcanoes geysers and hot springs
- I can do my best. Some books are so rare that they cannot be found.
Please contact me to discuss a finder\'s fee.
- Yes, however please contact me prior to ordering because international shipping can be spendy for books. I want to make sure that you agree to the price and delivery date estimate before making a purchase.
- I ship books via USPS media mail, unless requested and paid for otherwise.
- I usually package an order up right away, and it is shipped out the next business day. If it is a large book, I may need an extra day to find proper packaging.
- I only accept online payments.
- Yes, please contact me prior to ordering so I can get you a quote.
- Mud Volcanoes
- Hot Springs
- Greek Mythology
- Earthquake of 1908
- Natural Disasters
- San Francisco
- Skapter Jokull
- Lake of Fire
- Antique Book
- Antique Illustrated Book
- Illustrated Book
- Vintage Book
- Vintage Illustrated Book
- Charles Morris
- Morris Story of the Great Earthquake of 1908 and Other Historic Disasters
- Morris Story of the Great Earthquake of 1908
- Historic Disasters