Jets Away Vintage Book by Rutherford Montgomery C1957
Reference id: I6jsa4KDM2A 672
Vintage book "Jets Away!" by Rutherford G. Montgomery, Dodd Mead & Company, copyright 1957.
Ex library with protective over, dust jacket, library stickers, writing, tape for the cover, corner folds and some smudges within.
This is the life
Henry lowers the boom
Into the sunset
Brick Miller had it figured. Volunteering for the Air Corps and spending months at the Tech School at Amarillo Air Force Base was just a way to get his Army service over with. Only a fool, he felt, would stay in as a regular when there was real dough in civilian life, after the Government had taught you about turbo jet engines, oxygen systems, ejection seats and such about B-47s and B-52s.
But somewhere along the line Bricks thinking began to change. After completing his air basic training, he and his buddy, Henry Doby, were assigned to the Strategic Air Command at Marsh Field, California. While Henry became a boom man on the giant KC-97 tanker refueling planes, Brick found himself a mechanic crewman on a B-47, the SACs powerful jet bomber. He became sergeant crew chief, and his respect for his superior officers, as well as his devotion to his vital work, were greatly enhanced with a crucial assignment of "Droopy" his particular B-47, over the Pacific.
This is not only an authentic description of how the Air Corps trains its men, but also the interesting story of how our new bombers protect this country through the work of the Strategic Air Command. Its told through the eyes of a young man who finds out the hard way how colorful and important the air training program can be.
The author speaks with authority, having spent many months at the bases where men are trained and bombers are serviced, participating in actual flights with them. A former member of the Air Corps himself, Rutherford Montgomery knows the language of flight.
- I can do my best. Some books are so rare that they cannot be found.
Please contact me to discuss a finder\'s fee.
- Yes, however please contact me prior to ordering because international shipping can be spendy for books. I want to make sure that you agree to the price and delivery date estimate before making a purchase.
- I ship books via USPS media mail, unless requested and paid for otherwise.
- I usually package an order up right away, and it is shipped out the next business day. If it is a large book, I may need an extra day to find proper packaging.
- I only accept online payments.
- Yes, please contact me prior to ordering so I can get you a quote.