Its like This Cat Book by Emily Neville C1963
Reference id: WrcddDtWgG0 575
Hardcover book "Its Like This, Cat" by Emily Neville, illustrated by Emil Weiss, copyright 1963.
Ex library with laminated dust jacket with tape, some tape residue on orange end papers, school library stamps, a few smudges/smears, otherwise nice and clean and in good shape.
Dave Mitchell is fourteen and growing up in the midst of the variety and excitement of New York City. In this quiet, reflective and humorous story of a boys journey toward adulthood, Emily Neville captures the flavor of one kind of New York boyhood - the sights and sounds of Gramercy Park, Coney Island, the Fulton Fish Market, the Bronx Zoo, the stickball games played in city streets, the fascinating mixture of nationalities and eccentrics that give the huge metropolis so much of its flavor and excitement. But most of all the author tells ar ealistic tale of Daves affection for a stray tomcat, his comradeship with a troubled nineteen-year-old boy, his first shy friendship with a girl, and his growing undersatnding of his father as a human being and not just a parent.
Emil Weisss lively drawings capture the mood and setting of the story to perfection.
- I can do my best. Some books are so rare that they cannot be found.
Please contact me to discuss a finder\'s fee.
- Yes, however please contact me prior to ordering because international shipping can be spendy for books. I want to make sure that you agree to the price and delivery date estimate before making a purchase.
- I ship books via USPS media mail, unless requested and paid for otherwise.
- I usually package an order up right away, and it is shipped out the next business day. If it is a large book, I may need an extra day to find proper packaging.
- I only accept online payments.
- Yes, please contact me prior to ordering so I can get you a quote.