Dancing Grass Reminiscences of 41 Years of Teaching in Oklahoma by Nell Jordan Signed by Author C1973
Reference id: Ig8KbD045EU 682
Book "Dancing Grass" Reminiscences of 41 Years of Teaching in Oklahoma (1925-1967) by Nell W. Jordan, signed and dedicated by author, copyright 1973.
Beautiful blue black and silver cover, in amazing condition.
Not unmindful of the multiplicity of happy events an incidents during my long tenure of teaching, one stands out predominantly. It was perhaps the most memorable, and the highlight of my career. It happened while I taught at Gypsy in 1947. A pretty little black haired, brown eyed girl, Alice Parrick, came to my desk one morning just after the buses had run and before classes had take up. She laid on my desk what looked to be a certificate of some kind, rolled up in a mailing tube. I looked up and said, "What is it, Alice?"
"Its for you" she said shyly, then went silently to her seat. When I opened it, to my utter surprise I found a beautiful "Quizz Kid" certificate entitled, "Best Teacher Award". I knew there was such a program on the radio, but I confess I had never listened to it. Then I called Alice back to my desk and asked her how she obtained the beautiful award. She reluctantly related that she wrote an essay and entered it in the national contest. She never told anyone until she found out she had won, then meekly presented it to me in such a precious manner. I still treasure it and the fond memory of that thoughtful little girl, who resembled an "Indian Princess". Her picture will be indelibly recorded in my memory forever. I only wonder where she is today. Wherever she is, I am sure that she is ever thoughtful of others. God Bless that little girl!
- I can do my best. Some books are so rare that they cannot be found.
Please contact me to discuss a finder\'s fee.
- Yes, however please contact me prior to ordering because international shipping can be spendy for books. I want to make sure that you agree to the price and delivery date estimate before making a purchase.
- I ship books via USPS media mail, unless requested and paid for otherwise.
- I usually package an order up right away, and it is shipped out the next business day. If it is a large book, I may need an extra day to find proper packaging.
- I only accept online payments.
- Yes, please contact me prior to ordering so I can get you a quote.